How to set up & manage your business & team to succeed in the music industry
Full Course 3hr:53min (3:52:42 - Hr:Min:Sec) (5 chapters)
- Intro (starts @ 00:00:00) - Why is important to turn your music/art/production/service into a business
- Ch 1 (starts @ 0:06:06) - Communication systems & tools
- Ch 2 (starts @ 0:46:44) - Time and asset management
- Ch 3 (starts @ 1:16:46) - Managing Finances & Security
- Ch 4 (starts @ 2:13:13) - Project management, CRM (Customer/client Relationship Management), & Analytics
- Ch 5 (starts @ 3:20:14) - Other Systems, Software, and apps particular to being an artist, producer, DJ, etc
Record labels don't give deals to artists anymore they give deals to small businesses. The industry’s business model has changed drastically, it continues to change faster than ever and the major labels don't have the type of money and human resources like they used to to build the artists brand and demand. So if you can't figure out how to build some type of an platform, or turn your passion and craft into a small business, your chances of getting a deal with a major label or being a successful independent musician or artist are slim to none.
Follow me on social media:
YouTube == http://hyperurl.co/Matej_H_YouTube
facebook == http://hyperurl.co/Matej_H_facebook
instagram == http://hyperurl.co/Matej_H_instagram
twitter == http://hyperurl.co/Matej_H_twitter
linkedIn == http://hyperurl.co/Matej_H_linkedIn
The music industry has changed drastically in the last decade and if you want to succeed as an musician, artist, producer or a DJ you have to understand the music business, your fans, and how to independently grow your brand and create a demand for your product. Building and marketing a successful brand in the music business today is different than it was 10 even 5 years ago, and understanding the correct strategies and tools is crucial for a successful career in the music Biz.